Generally considered a "white collar" offense because it is most often non-violent and committed for financial gain, fraud is a harshly prosecuted crime in Massachusetts. McNally Law Office represents individuals who have been accused of any type of fraud or theft, including tax fraud, health care fraud, insurance fraud, identity theft, and more. As an Andover criminal attorney, Mark McNally can provide invaluable insight and aggressive defense counsel even before files have been charged. His guidance and protection can have a significant impact on fraud investigations, helping the accused avoid unreasonable searches and other constitutional rights violations.
Call (978) 684-2847 for a free consultation regarding a fraud investigation or charge. We represent clients across Massachusetts from our Andover law office.
Standing Up for Clients in Essex, Middlesex & Suffolk CountiesFraud charges are taken very seriously. In Massachusetts, fraud will be charged as a felony offense if the act involved more than $250 in goods, property, services, or money. Felonies are punishable by a minimum of one year in state prison, but depending on the amount of money involved, the number of victims affected, and other aggravating factors, penalties may increase to 20 years in state prison and fines totaling in the tens of thousands of dollars. Victim restitution may also be required as part of a sentence.
You need to act now if you are under investigation for fraud. An Andover fraud lawyer can help by:
- Protecting your interests in the face of a fraud investigation to avoid illegal searches or an unreasonable arrest.
- Handling any and all communication with law enforcement personnel and the prosecuting attorney.
- Representing you at your bail hearing to seek a release on your own recognizance (without bail).
- Fully investigating your case from every possible angle to determine how to build the most effective defense strategy possible.
- Handling your arraignment and other criminal court proceedings leading up to the trial.
- Presenting your defense at trial through compelling opening and closing statements, witness testimony, and evidence that supports your case.
It takes resolve and experience to succeed in the face of fraud charges. Contact our firm at (978) 684-2847 to see how we can help you.
"Without Mark I don't know where I'd be. I would not hesitate to recommend him as your attorney, I'm fortunate to have met him."
300 Brickstone Square
Andover, MA 01810